The Will of
Back to Wills list
This is the last WILL and Testament of me sometime Betsy Elizabeth Vickers
now betsy elizabeth England wife of Richard England of Cambridge, in New Zealand, Farmer
I Apoint my son Harry Vickers (herein after calleed my trustee) to be the Executor and Truste of this my WILL.
I Give devise and bequeath all my property of every kind to my Trustee UPON TRUST.
1. To Pay to my husband should he survive me during his life ten shillings per week as from the date of my death.
2. To pay the following legacies (and for that purpose to sell my real estate)
To my son Harry - One hundred pounds,
To my son Edward - Seventy fve pounds,
To my son Frederick - fifty pounds,
To my son Joseph - Fifty pounds,
To my grandson George Ernest - fifty pounds,
To my daughter Mary ann Watson - seventy five pounds,
To my daughter Emma Elizabeth - fifty pound,
To my grandaughter Sarah - fifty pounds,
and if the share of the sale of my share in the farm exceeeds Five hundred pounds the above legacies shall be increased in the same proportions.
All the Remainder of my Estate shall be paid unto my son Harry and my grand daughter Sarah in equal shares except the Buggy which I give wholly to my son Harry
If any of my children shall die before me without issue their share shall be equally divided between the others of my children hereinafter mentioned but if issue is left, such issue shall take their parents share.
In witness whereof I have hereunto subscribe my name this sixteenth day of June One thousand nine hundred and two
Signed and declared by the said Betsy Elizabeth
the testator as and for her last will and testament in the presence of us both present at the same time who at her request in his presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscibed our names as attesting witnesses.
James Halley Solicitor, Cambridge
Henry Atkinson Storemam, Cambridge
IN THE MATTER OF THE LAND TRANSFER ACT 1908
and in the matter of the identity of
Betsy Elizabeth England with Betsy Elizabeth Vickers.
I Thomas Vickers of Kaipakiin the provincial district of auckland in the Dominion of New Zealand Farmer do solemny and sincerly swear as follows:-
1. I know and am well aquainted with the person named in the certificates of Title Volumn 144 folio 150 folio 37 as Betsy Elizabeth Vickers wife of Joseph Vickers ofCambridge farmer and that she is my mother.
2. That my father Joseph Vickers also mentioned and described the tenant in common in the said certificate of title with the said Betsy Elizabeth Vickers died at Cambridge in the month of september 1908.
3. That on the second day of August 1911 at the residence of my brother Henry Vickers the said Betsy Elizabeth Vickers intermarried with and became the wife of Richard England of Cambridge , farm labourer in proof of which marriage a copy of the certificate thereof is hereunto annexed and marked "A"
Declared at Cambridge by the said Thomas Vickers this eleventh day
of October 1918 , before me:-
Back to TOP
Back to Wills list
Back to home page
© JCC Glass
Updated 16trhb Aug 2019