|Info 5L, Harold george Skipper||Close info Window|
|Auckland Star, 11th April 1831;|
The wedding was celebrated at the Opotiki Methodist Church on Easter Monday of Ella Kannar, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Boyack, of Dundee, Scotland, to Harold George, second son of Mr. and Mrs. G. Skipper, of Opotiki. The Rev. G. R. Harris officiated and Miss Sydenham presided at the organ.
The bride, who was given away by her brother, Mr. Frank Boyack, she wore a beautiful ankle-length frock of ivory satin ondalla. A graceful skirt, with front panel and side flares, fell from a long, tight-fitting bodice. A spray of orange blossoms and silver leaves completed her frock. Her beautifully embroidered veil fell from a dainty head-dress and was ornamented with orange blossoms. Her bouquet was of lemon tuberous begonias antirrhinums and maidenhair fern. Miss Nellie Johnson, who attended as bridesmaid, was in an ankle-length frock of green georgette. The tight-fitting bodice was finished with satin and a diamante buckle, from which the skirt fell in a full flare. A matching coatee, finished with a green satin bow and streamers, was also worn. The green tulle headdress was worn as a halo. The beautiful bouquet was of pink chrysanthemums and maidenhair fern. Mr. Clarence Wolfenden attended as best man.
After the ceremony a reception was held at Mrs. Skipper's residence, who received wearing a frock of navy blue crepe de chine, with hat to tone. Mrs. D. Anderson (sister of the bride) wore a navy blue repp frock, relieved with biscuit-coloured georgette and matching hat.
Back to TOP
© JCC Glass
Updated 7th April 2013