Info 5b-ewen, Ewen william Alisonjnr.
||Close info Window|
Voters register 1911 Waitemata, Auckalnd Ewen william Alison junior, Takapuna, Solicitor Winifred violet Alison, the Drive Takapuna, married 1914 Waitamata, Auckland Ewen william Alison junior, Takeapuna, Solicitor Winifred violet Alison , The Drive, Takapuna, married 1919 Parnell, Auckland Ewen william Alison Junior, 1 Roslyn Avenue, Remuera, Barrister and solicitor Winifred violet Alison , 1 roslyn Avenue, Remuera, married 1928 Auckland East Ewen william Alison Junior , 62 St. Stephens Avenue, Solictor Winifred violet Alison , 62 St. Stephens Avenue, married Ewen willam cameron Alison, , 62 St. Stephens Avenue, Law Clerk 1935 Parnell, Auckland Ewen william Alison junior, 50 Lillington Road, SE2, solicitor winifred violet Alison, 50 Lillington road, SE2, married Audrey may Alison, 50 Lillington Road, SE2, spinster Geoffrey wynne Alison, 31 Omahu Road SE2, no occupation 1946 Remuera, Auckland Ewen william Alison, 60 Lillington Road, Solicitor Winifred violet Alison, 60 Lillington Road, married 1954 Remuera, Auckland Ewen william Alison, 60 Lillington Road, Solicitor Winifred violet Alison, 60 Lillington Road, married
1. Ewen william cameron Alison Born 19th Nov 1906 Takapuna Died Nov 1992 buried O'Neills Point, Devonport Married 1978? Dianna O'Neill
2. Ellice Charlotte Born 2nd Oct 1908 Auckland Died 16th June 1938 Auckland Married 3rd Dec 1930 to Donald Grey Commons, no details
3. Audrey mary Alison Born 13th June 1910 Auckland, Died 7th May 2001 London? Married 13th sep 1936 Auckland to Roland(roley)henry Browne Roland died 1st nov 1943 Hawkes Bay agd 34 2nd marriage 10th sep 1955 to Garth Williams
4. Geoffrey Wynne Alison Born: 23rd April 23 1914 Auckland , Died; 27th April 1941 buried Athens, Greece
RIP Geoffery Wynne Alison
Rank: Private Service No: 2580 Death: 27/apr/1941 Age: 27 Regiment: New Zealand Infantry Panel Reference: Face 13. Memorial: ATHENS MEMORIAL Additional Information: Son of Ewen William and Winifred Violet Alison, of Remuera, Auckland, NZ.
Battle of Greece 1941Source Wikapedia
Operation Marita began on 6 April, the bulk of the Greek army was on the Albanian border, from which the Italians were trying to enter Greece. German troops invaded through Bulgaria, creating a second front. Greece had already received a small though inadequate reinforcement from British Empire forces, in anticipation of the German attack but no more help was sent after the invasion began.
The Greek army found itself outnumbered in its effort to defend against both Italian and German troops. As a result, the Bulgarian defensive line did not receive adequate troop reinforcements and was quickly overrun by the Germans, who then outflanked the Greek forces in the Albanian borders, forcing their surrender. The British Empire forces were overwhelmed and forced to retreat with an ultimate goal of evacuation.
The German army reached the city of Athens on 27 April and Greece's southern shore on 30 April, capturing 7,000 British Empire forces and ending the battle with a decisive victory.British Empire 903 dead, 1,250 wounded, 13,958 captured
5. Lyned winifred Alison Born 10th June 1917 Auckland Died 8th Oct 1974 Wellington -- buried Karori Cemetary Married 10th April 1942 to Eric Wilfred Benton born 27th Sep 1914 Gisbourne Eric remarried (when) to Isabel McTavish - she died 1994 Eric died 18th July 1993 Wellington, buried buried Karori Cemetary
Back to TOP
Close info Window
© JCC Glass
Updated 28th March 2019